Strange problem with KControl

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Tue Sep 2 17:59:12 BST 2003

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 12:55:35PM +0200, Sven Lueppken wrote:
> Hi!
Hi,

> I started KControl a few minutes ago and experienced the problem which is
> shown in the attached screenshot...I don't know what's the problem though, I
> ran kbuildsycoca but no changes. Maybe the XDG changes from yesterday have
> something to do with that?
I've removed my whole /opt/kde directory and did a new make install
after commited all the XDG changes.
In KControl only the .desktop files which are installed under
$KDEDIR/share/applnk are shown, the other kcm .desktop files which are
located under $KDEDIR/share/applications/kde/ with the correct
X-KDE-settings-xxx category set, don't appear.

I guess it's a bug in KService or KServiceGroup, which parses the
directories the wrong way, since KControl does use this class like
before my changes.

Waldo, do you know where the problem could be?

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Can a government that shoots at reporters be democratic?
Separate politics from religion and economy!