build failure in kdebase

Craig Drummond Craig.Drummond at gmx.net
Fri Oct 31 09:49:45 GMT 2003

> I don't have enable-final enabled.
>
>  From an earlier response, it sounds like the problem is, among other
> things, a c file getting included into a cpp file, which then includes a
> c++ header, and the preprocessor gets really confused.

I've changed this - please update! The .c file is now compiled sperately. This
is a different issue to the CXConfig symbols issue.

> Seems like if 2 parts of the project are using kxftconfig it should be
> factored into something both can include...

why? Works fine for me. After all, most of KDE #includes the .moc files - and
these are just C++ files. Anyway the problem is in XConfig.cpp/h - not
kxftconfig.cpp

OK - I've modifed kfontinst/lib/Makefile.am to add
"../../fonts/kxftconfig.cpp" to the list of sources - and removed the
#include" kxftconfig.cpp". You will need to update *BOTH* kcontrol/fonts and
kcontrol/kfontinst.

Craig.