RFC: Removal of KAutoConfig / KAutoConfigDialog

Navindra Umanee navindra at cs.mcgill.ca
Thu Oct 30 16:52:41 GMT 2003

Waldo Bastian <bastian at kde.org> wrote:
> I would like to see KAutoConfig / KAutoConfigDialog / KCAutoConfigModule
> removed before KDE 3.2 gets released since more complete functionality is
> offered by KConfigDialogManager / KConfigDialog and kconfig_compiler. Having
> both set of classes unnecessarily fragmentates the KDE API.

There is at least some documentation explaining KAutoConfigDialog, so
people know what it does overall:

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/kautoconfigdialog/

It would be nice to see some documentation for kconfig_compiler to
figure out the differences between the two... (sorry if I haven't
found it)

Cheers,
Navin.