Fwd: RFC: Removal of KAutoConfig / KAutoConfigDialog

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Thu Oct 30 12:35:40 GMT 2003

On October 30, 2003 06:38 am, Will Stephenson wrote:
> Will this cause screams over Texas?

The K?AuctoConfig* classes all seem extremely buggy and limited
to me anyways, I dont know why they we're ever ported to in the first place. They only
support really simple configs ( like colors, numbers, and strings ), stuff that uses
KListViews etc all needs to be done by hand anyways.

So you won't see any *major* objections here... Also, all the k*config classes are in
libkopete/compat anyways, so we can port plugins at our leisure even if it is removed
from libkopete in 3.2. But we'd have to modify the Makefiles so that it was always installed.

Nevertheless I don't really agree with Waldo's reasoning... if any apps are using KCAutoConfigModule,
(even if it's only Kopete ATM), and there is no replacement for it yet, then it's kind of unjust to
yank it out from under our feet while all the way in a beta freeze. Surely he realizes that
removing this from libkopete will require huge Kopete code changes ( it's used in nearly every
plugin, and in two protocol plugins ) and has a high probability of introducing new bugs?

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

http://www.keirstead.org