kbuilsyscoca problem

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Oct 29 18:42:38 GMT 2003

On Thu October 23 2003 15:20, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  After updating yesterday I noticed that Kommander executor is associated
> with my .h files. Well, I don't know how it's happened, but I tried to
> change it. No luck. No matter if I remove or move down in the list of
> associations it remains there as the first item. I see the Updating System
> Configuration (which I find annoying and useless), but it doesn't update
> the
> configuration. :-(
>
> And now the funny part: after writing the above i saw that kmdr-executor is
> associated with many files, also text/plain. After removing it from text/
> plain it disappeared from everywhere. Well, if it's because the "is also"
> flag in the mimetypes, I believe the associated application shouldn't be
> inherited.

I don't know why Kommander executor was associated with text/plain. It
shouldn't.

Associated application should be inherited across "is also" because that is
the whole purpose... you want to be able to say that KEdit supports "text/
plain" without the need to include every possible variation of that:

MimeType=text/plain;text/x-makefile;text/x-c++hdr;text/x-c++src;text/x-chdr;
text/x-csrc;text/x-java;text/x-moc;text/x-pascal;text/x-tcl;text/x-tex;
application/x-shellscript;text/x-c;text/x-c++;text/x-diff;text/x-adasrc;text/
x-shellscript;text/x-c++src;text/x-chdr;text/x-csrc;text/x-c++src;text/x-c+
+hdr;text/x-chdr;text/x-c++src;text/x-csharp-src;text/x-csharp-hde;text/css;
application/x-desktop;text/x-diff;text/x-eiffel-src;text/x-ferite-src;text/x-
fortran-src;text/html;text/x-ilerpg-src;text/x-java;text/x-javascript;text/x-
kbasic-src;text/x-tex;text/x-makefile;text/mfile;text/x-objc-src;text/x-c-
hdr;text/x-pascal;application/x-perl;application/x-perl-module;application/x-
php;text/vnd.wap.wml;application/x-python;application/x-ruby;text/x-sather-
src;text/x-scheme;text/sgml;text/x-sql;text/x-verilog-src;text/x-vhdl;text/
xml;text/book;model/vrml

That leaves "kcmshell filetypes" which does behave rather erratic now indeed.
It doesn't understand that text/x-pascal can be associated with KEdit because
text/plain is associated with KEdit. When it is told to remove the
associations it tries to remove "text/x-pascal" but that doesn't help since
it wasn't directly associated with that in the first place. I'm not sure how
to handle that since there isn't a way to say "supports text/plain but not
text/x-pascal". The best I can think of is to disable the "Remove" button in
such case.

Cheers,
Waldo
- --