Kicker performance: KIconEffect :: visualActivate( ... );

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Oct 22 12:52:25 BST 2003

We have async dcop calls now, so it should be possible to make krun async and
do the visual effect after activation.

The bad part is that all of our zillion KRun::run functions return pid so we
either need to add a flag to them to say that we don't care about the pid, or
make a new set of KRun::runAsync functions.

It's also bad that we have backported our "bool tempfile" to the 3.1 branch
already otherwise we could have changed that to an options flag and re-used
that.

Cheers,
Waldo