"Folder" or "Directory"?

Thomas Diehl thd at kde.org
Mon Oct 20 16:33:35 BST 2003

Am Montag, 20. Oktober 2003 16:31 schrieb Craig Drummond:

> As I said in the original mail, I am prepared to make the changes (although
> obviously not for other languages) myself. But as I don't consider myself
> "senior" enough in KDE to make such a decsion, I asked on kde-usability,
> and here.

OK, and since nobody of the "seniors" objected I think they were okay with
this one (just as I am):

Re: "Folder" or "Directory"?
Von: Waldo Bastian <bastian at kde.org>
An: kde-core-devel at kde.org

On Friday 17 October 2003 04:30 pm, Roberto Selbach Teixeira wrote:
> I think the arguments given in favour of "folder" make a lot of sense, and
> the people who are against using "folder" seem to have at least accepted
> them, since their messages stopped. I say we should use "folder" since this
> is a term more common to our users, I believe. Can we start making the
> changes? If no one objects, can we consider the decision made?

Yes I think so, I would give it to monday to give everyone a fair chance to
voice any objection. If no major objections have been raised by then it can
be changed to folder IMHO.

Cheers,
Waldo

--