PATCH: KFileDialog's URL bar

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Mon Oct 20 04:34:55 BST 2003

Hey Carsten,

On Sunday 19 October 2003 15:06, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> > currently displayed items, then you are no longer able to add a new one
> > since you cannot get any context menu anymore. The patch also attempts to
> > make the context menu... well context based :)
>
> Thanks a lot.

No problem :)

> Only one question: why did you need the reimplement
> QListBox::contextMenuEvent()?

Because QListView does not seem to emit the contextMenuRequested signal unless
you click on a QListViewItem. At least that is what happens here. May be I
should report this as a bug to the Trolls. Can you test to see if it works
for you without that function ?

> This breaks the activation via shortcut (i.e. the Windows-Key).

Works here. The only problem I see is that the placement of the pop-up menu is
off when I use the keyboard shortcut instead of the mouse... The "Menu" key
is mapped as the context menu shortcut and it pops-up if I press it when the
listview has the focus. Are there any other shortcuts ?

--
Regards,
Dawit A.