new kcursor autohide code and kword

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Oct 17 22:57:23 BST 2003

  I just had a slightly unpleasant experience today.  r1.44 of kcursor.cpp
added some new autohide code.  There is an event filter there that decided to
go nuts on me.  I ended up with thousands upon thousands of assert failures
in my logs:

ASSERT: "filter != NULL" in kdelibs/kdeui/kcursor.cpp (413)

   AFAIK only KWord triggers this.  Does anyone understand what could be
causing this?  Is it really that bad if the filter is NULL, and if not, what
are the performance issues here?  qt-copy is up to date here fwiw.

  After the last assert message, I have this:

QInputContext: cannot create input context for non-toplevel widgets

and then the destructor ~KoView

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/