"Folder" or "Directory"?

Craig Drummond Craig.Drummond at gmx.net
Thu Oct 16 14:03:08 BST 2003

> How would you visually represent a directory? Wouldn't it be the same
> pictu
> re
> as for a folder? :)

Then why not call it a "Folder"?

>From my limited knowledge a UNIX directory is a file containing a list of
files. So, using the term "directory" a picture of a "directory" would be more
appropriate - e.g. a telephone book (OK *bad* example). Or a file of files...

My point - if you're going to use the same picture, and *most* other OS's
use the same term -  use the same term!

> Luká¹ Tinkl | lukas at kde.org

Craig.