Directly X11 includes?

Christian Esken c.esken at cityweb.de
Fri Oct 3 21:29:02 BST 2003

On Friday 03 October 2003 18:05, Tim Jansen wrote:
> On Friday 03 October 2003 17:31, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Friday 03 October 2003 08:34, Christian Esken wrote:
> > > You see that the small window disappears, as soon as the first
> > > WheelEvent arrives. This is why I want to Warp the pointer to the small
> > > window.
> >
> > i solved this once already by moving the window a bit to be just under
> > the pointer. i think this is much less unexpected and disconcerting for
> > the user than having their mouse "jump" on them.
>
> Maybe it is better to grab the mouse pointer until the user clicks outside
> of the area.

I agree for a "normal" application. But this is a SystemTray issue. And it is
very easy to introduce SystemTray buglets for those applications (because it
is very complicated to know who catches which mouse press and so on). I hate
fixing those bugs, so I'll probably stick with the X11 Warp-ing.

Chris