Serious kdecore problems

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Fri Oct 3 14:17:06 BST 2003

On Friday 03 October 2003 10:10, George Staikos wrote:

>    Note the size in #8 is bogus, the group in #7 is bogus.  A group like
> that will certainly cause a crash.  It shouldn't be able to get that far
> though.

I remember that we once added some fancy code to IconLoader that recreates the
IconLoader object when certain things (like icon style settings iirc) change.
it looks like the delayed icon loading make it access the old object somehow,
which produces these crashes.

> ==27651==    Address 0x48FCC30C is not stack'd, malloc'd or free'd

The interesting bit is missing. can you increase VG_N_CHAINS in valgrind/
coregrind/vg_hashtable.c to your favourite big prime number and try to
reproduce again? Maybe we get a deletion backtrace this way then.