KConfig XT: kconfig_compiler & friends

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Oct 2 02:47:28 BST 2003

On Wednesday 01 October 2003 20:34, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 October 2003 12:17 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > > Is this stuff right to go in to 3.2?
> >
> > Yes, because otherwise we are stuck with KAutoConfig which is design-wise
> > flawed.
>
> the apps you converted was kjots which only has five or so options.  Adding
> the files and thus the whole new class seems like drastic overkill and
> bloats up the app, negating all of the savings that moving to use
> KAutoConfigDialog added in the first place.  Now I know that you needed a

  This is a first iteration, and new functionality appears to be added.  I
don't know what either do and I don't really want to know right now.  However
I will show this:

2003-09-28 KJots with kdelibs-2003-10-01:  1282153 bytes executable
2003-10-01 KJots with kdelibs-2003-10-01:  1380229 bytes executable

   I don't know what that means, other than the executable file takes more
space on my overly large disk right now.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/