[Kopete-devel] Post 3.2 Kopete and packagers

Stefan Gehn mETz81 at web.de
Wed Nov 26 16:46:40 GMT 2003

On Mittwoch November 26 2003 13:20, Rob Kaper wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 07:14:21PM +0100, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> > Cool, a messenger that ships with no useful protocols :P
>
> If you don't think the open protocols are useful, why support them at all?

I mean if you really look at it only Jabber and IRC is left (I don't think sms
and winpopup are real protocols in sense of IM, they serve a different need).

Almost any end user uses Jabber and you can't force them to do so. If we
suddenly move all properitary protocols out of the main distro we'll
drastically decrease our userbase.

Most people need MSN, ICQ, AIM and Yahoo (in no particular order, just how
they came to my mind)

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein