-fexceptions in kdelibs

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Wed Nov 26 00:27:37 GMT 2003

Benjamin Reed wrote:

> David Faure wrote:
>
>> Any chance you could find out _why_ this is needed?
>
> I'll see if I can get ahold of one of the opendarwin folks; if I try to
> ask Apple about it they'll want a way to reproduce it, and "build half
> of KDE" is probably not an acceptable answer.  ;)

Turns out the only place it was documented was on an apple development
list, and their list archives are hidden behind a basic auth (with a
public password... kinda weird), so it never got indexed anywhere by google.

Long story short, it's an issue peculiar to darwin's linker (suprise,
surpise), and is fixed by adding "-fno-coalesce" to the cflags when
using exceptions.  I've got a workaround for now to let me build, I'll
make a proper automake check as soon as I get the chance.

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick -- http://ranger.befunk.com/
gpg: 6401 D02A A35F 55E9 D7DD  71C5 52EF A366 D3F6 65FE