[Kopete-devel] Post 3.2 Kopete and packagers

Matt Rogers matt at matt.rogers.name
Tue Nov 25 16:43:27 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 25 November 2003 10:35 am, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 November 2003 17:51, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > On Tuesday 25 November 2003 16:08, Rob Kaper wrote:
> > > I'd consider instant messaging to be an everyday task. Such
> > > functionality should be part of KDE and included in KDE releases.
> >
> > I for one agree, but unfortunatly kopete developers have other plans ;(
>
> I just wonder why haven't they showed/talked about those plans before
> kopete was moved to kdenetwork... BTW, I don't know what is keeping them
> from releasing for older version of KDE. Some games, Quanta and KDevelop do
> that. Yes, they are English only releases, but you may get a deal with the
> translators if you want. But even this won't be a real issue once KDE
> releases every 6-8 months instead of 12-14.
>
> Andras
>
> > Greetings, Stephan

I, for one, don't know what plans Stephan is referring to. The only reason I
see for having separate releases was for those folks still running KDE 3.1
and I'd bet that the dependencies of the packages can be constructed so that
when somebody upgrades to KDE 3.2 from 3.1 and they have Kopete installed
that the extra package they had to install for Kopete could be removed.

Matt
--
There is no spoon.