modal dialog locking user's desktop

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Nov 25 13:40:34 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 25 of November 2003 09:02, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> On Tuesday 25 November 2003 01:00, David Faure wrote:
> > > understood; in fact, that's why i tried so many different things when
> > > testing it. hope i answered your questions...
> >
> > Yup, sounds good. Thanks.
>
> =)
>
> > PS: the problem isn't 100% solved though. We'd have to prevent ANY modal
> > dialog from kicker, including message boxes..... ?
>
> that's correct. modal dialogs are a no-no in kicker. i don't know of a
> general solution at this point =/

 Qt-copy patch #0009 helps KWin to find out which dialogs belong to which
apps, when the app developer was lazy to specify the dialog parent. I
actually cannot reproduce the described problem (maybe I just can't find the
right dialog) - here dialogs for Kicker are kept above it (and as Kicker is
usually kept above apps, this means it's also above all apps - actually some
people don't like this #63223), and clicking on Kicker results in the dialog
being activated instead.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer