modal dialog locking user's desktop

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Nov 25 07:54:30 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 25 November 2003 12:46, David Faure wrote:
> But somehow you also have to ensure that the user doesn't pop up the dialog
> more than once, no?

no, it reuses the same dialog if it already exists. if the user clicks the
KIconButton again, all that happens is the icon canvas does an update. and
since the dialog has the KIconButton as a parent, it stays on top of it at
all times. the user really has to go out of their way to attempt this, and
even if they do nothing bad happens.

> Also, what happens if the user closes the properties
> dialog before closing the icon dialog?

already tried that when testing it =) answer: the icon picker dialog closes
because the KIconButton is its parent widget. in other words, exactly what
one would expect.

> (I'm not against this change, but I think it opens a new can of worms)

understood; in fact, that's why i tried so many different things when testing
it. hope i answered your questions...

--
Aaron J. Seigo
"Never weary, never dispair, never give in" - Winston Churchill