What IGS thinks about the Linux Desktop

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Nov 24 13:32:39 GMT 2003

On Monday 24 November 2003 12:27, Martin Konold wrote:
> BTW SuSE 9.0 comes with optional prelinking support (controlled via /etc/
> sysconfig). Did anyone benchmark the effect of prelinking sofar?
It of course depends highly on your hardware, but on a PIII 500 we've had
a benefit of ~30%. Unfortunately dlopen isn't covered by prelink, so the
symbols for parts and themes and styles still have to be relocated.

Greetings, Stephan
P.S. you looked at the changelog of that package, did you? :)

--
There may be no I in TEAM, but a M and an E.