[TRIVIAL] kdelibs 3_1_BRANCH build fix against alsa-lib 1.0.0pre1

Melchior FRANZ a8603365 at unet.univie.ac.at
Mon Nov 24 11:25:28 GMT 2003

* Waldo Bastian -- Monday 24 November 2003 12:14:
> On Wed November 19 2003 23:14, Sergio Visinoni wrote:
> > Subject says it all, SND_LIB_MAJOR is set to 1 in the latest
> > alsa-lib development release.
>
> Somone reported to me that arts requires a similar patch but that it then
> fails to compile, could you confirm that?

Unfortunately, some data types were changed in alsa 1.0pre, so
that arts/flow/audioioalsa9.cc doesn't compile with this new vesion.
alsa-lib/NOTES says:

| Old versus new PCM API (values returned using indirect pointers)
| ================================================================
|
| From the binary compatibility view, there is no change. For compilation,
| 1.0 ALSA applications do not need any change. The older applications must
| use this include sequence:
|
| #define ALSA_PCM_OLD_HW_PARAMS_API
| #define ALSA_PCM_OLD_SW_PARAMS_API
| #include <alsa/asoundlib.h>
|
| If you use already the new API, you may remove old defines selecting
| this API, because they are no longer used:
|
| #define ALSA_PCM_NEW_HW_PARAMS_API
| #define ALSA_PCM_NEW_SW_PARAMS_API

So there is kind of a compatibility mode, but in a first test
this didn't work for me. (Didn't try hard, though. :-)

m.