KSCD, showstopper list

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Mon Nov 24 02:21:24 GMT 2003

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 10:41:05PM +0000, Chris Howells wrote:
> On Sunday 23 November 2003 22:31, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > >    This being said, on a second note, should we start a public
> > > showstopper list for 3.2 on developer.kde.org?
> >
> > it would be nice to use b.k.o for this ... mark a bug as Critical and that
> > allows a simple query to show all the showstoppers.
>
> Agreed. But is there anyway to report bugs without going through the whole
> wizard? It takes waay too long for people that know what they are doing. One
> of the reasons I use the site less than I should :(

i very much second this ...

apart from that ... there is this duplicates statistics page. i think
it's mostly nonsense, given that people are more or less forced to look
for duplicates. essentially it highlights the more vague bugs, where
various people find creative ways of describing the same problem
differently. and of course library bugs, that cause very diverse
symptoms.
btw, do we have any statistics on the efficiency of the duplicate
elimination at all? is it worth it to bother the poor submitters?

btw, can we introduce a lock preventing submitters from closing their own
bugs as worksforme? _that_ scews statistics, when i ask "i think i fixed
it, can you confirm?" and as a reply he marks the bug, well, guess how ... :}

greetings