KSCD, showstopper list

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sun Nov 23 21:25:29 GMT 2003

  It seems that KSCD is not nearly in a state to be shipped for 3.2.  It
doesn't work in digital or traditional playback mode, the UI is very flaky
and inconsistent, kcddb crashes on data from the remote site for me, and the
kcm has missing symbols (thus crashes on load).   This is something that
worked fine in 3.1.x, with the exception of digital playback which didn't
exist then.  Who is maintaining this code, and are these issues being
addressed?

   This being said, on a second note, should we start a public showstopper
list for 3.2 on developer.kde.org?  I think we need to keep track of this.
I've been keeping a local list but it's not of much use since my development
time is limited.  We seem to have a very long list of regressions from 3.1
now.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/