KStandardDirs vs $HOME

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sun Nov 23 20:56:53 GMT 2003

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 08:40:23PM +0100, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Sunday 23 November 2003 04:29, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
>
> > i think kstddirs is overzealous in regard to setting root's kde home
> > correctly.
>
> ever heard of suid applications?

how good, that kapp refuses to run suid, huh?
your argument is busted anyway: a suid app is supposed to operate on
behalf of the invoking user, only that it needs elevated privs.
consequently kdelibs must access the invoking user's home with the ruid,
not the euid, if it wants to be considered "suid-clean". but i don't
think that's relevant at all, as nobody will declare kdelibs "suid-safe"
anyway.

greetings