Collecting KDE HOWTO's

Adriaan de Groot adridg at cs.kun.nl
Sun Nov 23 15:02:39 GMT 2003

At yesterday's NedLinux event, which four members of the KDE team attended to
man the booth and give presentations (Rinse de Vries on translation work and
myself on KDE programming), we discussed HOWTO's. User level HOWTO's.
Task-oriented HOWTO's. There's gobs of them. For instance, the FreeBSD team
has a KMail-Aegypten HOWTO - basically how to integrate gpg into KMail (it
might be obsolete by now). The dutch team has a bunch of howto's, Aaron Seigo
has written several as well, there must be a dozen DCOP-scripting tutorials
out there as well (including one I wrote in docbook and gave to Lauri for
inclusion ... somewhere).

Therein lies the rub .. there's lots of HOWTO's out there for users, but
they're not collected in any one place, nor organized in any particular way.
(The collection of developer HOWTO's on developer.k.o is an example of how it
_could_ be done). Fabrice Mous suggested we (well, I think _he_ volunteered
for the job) should put some effort into organizing the user-level HOWTO's.
In the long run these might be polished up and added to the Tutorials part of
KHelpcenter, but for now it'd be convenient to have them all collected in one
place - also to avoid reduplication of effort.

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org>
            If the door is ajar, can we fill it with door-jamb?