Problem with encodings in several places in KDE

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Mon Nov 17 17:59:51 GMT 2003

On November 17, 2003 1:30 pm, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> The side-effect of this is that the UTF-8 codec can now decode any string,
> which is not the correct behaviour. For instance, Kopete relies on the
> decoding of the UTF-8 message to determine if it was properly encoded (see
> BR 67727).

Just RE this... Even if we could detect when UTF-8 failed it would not solve
this bug ( it really isn't even a Kopete bug; it's a bug in the other ICQ
client that is not setting the proper encoding in the message. This bug is
not present when recieving messages from a properly functioning client, like
the official ICQ client or sim. See comment #6. )

See my comment #13 for why "falling back" to latin-1as you describe in the bug
still will not work with the XML transform process.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

http://www.keirstead.org