Regenerating JNI based Qt/KDE java bindings for KDE 3.2

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 15:27:11 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 11 November 2003 12:49, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 November 2003 12:20, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > > Does this apply to the kdebindings module too? In the past I've
> > > regenerated the java bindings about a week or so before the final
> > > release. If I do it too early, it only needs one minor change in one
> > > kdelibs header to break the build, and the kdebindings list gets bug
> > > report mails. As far as I know there are no translation or artwork
> > > dependencies affecting the current JNI based java bindings.
> >
> > define minor change. I can't think of many reasons we'd need to change
> > kdelibs interfaces for bug fixes. So I'd suggest you update the bindings
> > on saturday and then do a check before the release. I hope it will result
> > in no change. If it does not, you can of course still commit. That commit
> > I'd define part of whatever commit gone into kdelibs to change the
> > interface.
I've working on regenerating the existing Qt and KDE java bindings now with
the kdelibs and qt-copy headers as at last Saturday. I'm a bit late I'm
afraid, it should take about 3 days to regenerate/build and then another 2
days to do regression testing. I expect to check them in by this Friday 21st
- I hope this is ok.

-- Richard