PATCH: Make redirection from HTTP to FTP work [Was: Problems with redirection from HTTP to FTP]

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sun Nov 16 18:35:15 GMT 2003

Hi,

Here is a patch to address that problem. I guess all other apps that run into
the same problem have to do similar things. This brings up an interesting
question though. Why does KIO handle redirection by itself to begin with ?
Shouldn't that have been left upto each applications ?

> > When I was attempting to troubleshoot bug# 13038, I run into a
> > redirection problem. If you go to knoppix (http://www.knoppix.org/)
> > website, click on download link and attempt to download from any one of
> > the listed ftp sites,
 you get an error message that a file was expected

--
Regards,
Dawit A.