Problems with redirection from HTTP to FTP

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sun Nov 16 03:16:44 GMT 2003

Hi,

When I was attempting to troubleshoot bug# 13038, I run into a redirection
problem. If you go to knoppix (http://www.knoppix.org/) website, click on
download link and attempt to download from any one of the listed ftp sites,
you get an error message that a file was expected but a folder was
encountered. This happens because a POST http request is redirected to an FTP
directory and the FTP request ends up being a GET instead of a LISTDIR. Is
there an easy fix for this condition ?

--
Regards,
Dawit A.