ksim dell laptop support....

Nadeem Hasan nhasan at nadmm.com
Sat Nov 15 15:17:44 GMT 2003

Quoting Ralf Nolden <nolden at kde.org>:

> Hi,
>
> kdeutils/ksim/configure.in.in has a check that looks like this:
>
> dnl Check for dell laptop support
> AM_CONDITIONAL(supports_i8k, test -f /proc/i8k)
>
> I think that's nice if you're compiling KDE from source and have a dell
> laptop
> but for packagers who have to support all options by default this is not the
>
> solution you'd want as that means it's always disabled.
>
> Any ideas how to make that usable somehow ?

I was the one who wrote that code for Dell i18k drivers. I think you are
right. That check is useless for packagers. Maybe the packagers should
bundle all the laptop related stuff in a separate package. The i18k plugin
can then be included in that package.

In any case, I think we can remove that configure check. I will take it out.

--
Nadeem Hasan
nhasan at nadmm.com
http://www.nadmm.com/