RFC: Removal of KAutoConfig / KAutoConfigDialog

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Thu Nov 13 10:14:10 GMT 2003

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 10:30:01AM +0100, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > The KAutoConfig class should be copied to:
> > kdemultimedia/kaudiocreator/
> > kdebase/kicker/applets/clock
> > kdeaddons/kicker-applets/kbinaryclock
>
> The two clock applets have been converted to KConfigDialog already. The only
> one left on my list is kdemultimedia/kaudiocreator. Will have a look into
> that one today.

Um, freeze?

Not all applications have been ported to KConfigDialog before the freeze
started, so you *can't* remove KAutoConfig from the API, which has the
benefit that applications like Kopete won't need to carry a copy with
it.

Pick one please:

a) KAutoConfig is so broken that these ports are necessary and justified, in
   which case we should not release KDE with Kopete using that broken
   KAutoConfig.
b) We don't mind Kopete using KAutoConfig because it's not broken, in which
   case porting to KConfigDialog cannot be justified because of the feature
   freeze.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "In the name of sheer pity, won't someone operate on
cap at capsi.com | Chairman Arafat and put that poor cancer into a cleaner