deeper freeze

Michael Matz matz at kde.org
Wed Nov 12 14:24:55 GMT 2003

Hi,

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Andras Mantia wrote:

> No, I thought that we can fix bugs until the first RC is tagged and packaged.
> - From that on, we should fix the grave (includes all the crash reports) bugs
> and don't risk introducing new ones. And from that on EVERY commit needs a
> review.

A RC should have the quality to be able to be released directly, otherwise
it would be no RC.  Therefore it is necessary to have a phase before the
RC where bugs are fixed without introducing new ones.  This phase ideally
starts with the Beta version.  If that means that some bugs are left
unfixed, that's life.  It's not the last release.  Like Stephan said, of
course you can fix bugs, depending how severe they are, and how involved
the fix is.  In this phase one should act very conservatively.

Ciao,
Michael.