Serious spell-checker problems

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Nov 9 15:44:09 GMT 2003

On Sunday 09 November 2003 14:03, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I've noticed that some time spell checking is broken in KMail, and
> yesterday I saw that it's broken also in Kate. I tried to find out
> what's the problem and here are the results:
> 1. if the first line in the KMail message/Kate document contains a
> wrongly spelled word, the spell dialog comes up
> 2. if the first line contains only good spelling (even if further
> down in the document are wrongly spelled words):
> - the spell checker dialog doesn't show up
> - in Kate the document is switched to Read Only mode
> - in KMail the cursor disappears in the editor area and you can't
> type in anymore. Same in KEdit. Both editors goe crazy (try a Clean
> Spaces after that). Undo/Redo doesn't work.
>
> And a special note for Kate developers: even in case 1 when the spell
> checker dialog appears the replacing of wrong words with good ones
> does not work.
>
> I have kdelibs from some minutes ago , the rest is somewhat older,
> but I don't think this is a mismatch problem.

Please refrain from reporting bugs for "somewhat older" versions. We
fixed the "in KMail the cursor disappears in the editor area and you
can't type in anymore" problem and the "Undo/Redo doesn't work." a few
days ago (at least for as-you-type spell checking).

And BTW, since when is kde-core-devel preferred over bugs.kde.org for
bug reports? Please report those bugs for the corresponding products on
bugs.kde.org (after you've reproduced the problems with up-to-date
versions of those apps).

Regards,
Ingo