Strange ioslave embedded behaviour...

Craig Drummond Craig.Drummond at gmx.net
Thu Nov 6 18:41:09 GMT 2003

Hi,

There seems to be a problem when using an ioslave from an embedded KControl
module. In the font-installer, I use the KIO job classes for copying and
deleteing fonts. This works fine when the module is not embedded - but the view
does not update when run via the Admin mode button, ie. fonts that are added
are not shown until the refresh button is pressed. I thought this was due to
my code, but it also happens when using KFileDialog. To reproduce:

1. Start KControl
2. Open Font Installer
3. Activate Admin mode - so that the module is restarted embeded.
4. Click on the "New" icon (the blank page)
5. In KFileDialog - delete an unused file

...this display is *not* updated - well at least not on my system.

The strange this is, if I connect to the job's result signal - then this is
activated.

Does anyone know what is going on? Or can someone please provide me with
some clues as to how its supposed to work - as I'm completely lost why eveythng
is OK in normal mode, just messes up when embedded. Does it have anything to
do with the DCOP server? ie. I pressume one is not running for root when the
module is started embeded...

Thanks for any help.

Craig.