KDE 3.1.5 - not yet

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Wed Nov 5 22:26:56 GMT 2003

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 03:11:13PM -0600, Chris Cheney wrote:
> BTW - I've seen people closing bugs against 3.1.x due to them being
> fixed in 3.2 and stating there would not be any further 3.1.x releases
> period. If there will be a new 3.1.x release then they probably
> shouldn't be closing those. With KDE 3.2 being slated for release on Dec
> 8 perhaps 3.1.5 won't be needed at all?

You never know, so backporting just in case never hurts. There are a couple
of important fixes in Atlantik so I wouldn't mind a 3.1.5 at all:

- bugfix: don't interrupt token movement when player leaves jail on doubles
- bugfix: add m_atlanticCore checks in Board, fixes some Atlantik Designer
  crashes
- bugfix: don't show players from other games in auction and trade widgets
  on monopd 0.9.0 servers

Especially the Designer crashes bother me, on the other hand since noone
reported those and they should be present in 3.1.4 I wonder if anyone
actually uses that application.

I wonder if it's possible to do one last old_branch release simultaneously
with a new release, sort of clearing the queue of backports.

(Including a large ceremony with the two release dudes. Kind of like Star
Trek: Generations but hopefully somewhat better.)

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "In the name of sheer pity, won't someone operate on
cap at capsi.com | Chairman Arafat and put that poor cancer into a cleaner