New XEmbed classes

Andreas Aardal Hanssen andreas.hanssen at trolltech.com
Wed Nov 5 08:34:32 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 04 November 2003 18:26, George Staikos wrote:
>(...) QtXEmbed classes
>   Please send them along.  If they're not to big, send them to the list.
> Otherwise send them to me and I can send them to the interested parties.
> Thanks!

I attached them in a tarball; hope this isn't too big (21k or so).

Just a few notes - this is a complete rewrite, written with only
a coffee stained spec in one hand and the X11 manual in the other
so it's likely that ancient problems with the original code will
reemerge in these classes.

I'm eager to follow any changes that are made if they are added
to kdeui. In that case also, wether you want me to maintain these
classes in KDE, or wether you want to yourselves isn't a real
problem for me. :-)

Finally, as I'm new to KDE I'm not quite sure how to handle
documentation and maintenance; obviously I'd like to keep these
Qt classes in sync with what's needed for the KDE project. What's
the common practise here?

Andy :-)

Andreas Aardal Hanssen - ahanssen at trolltech.com
Trolltech AS - Waldemar Thranes gt. 98 N-0175 Oslo, Norway