patches for Sun Forte 7/8 compilers

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Mon Nov 3 22:47:22 GMT 2003

On Monday 03 November 2003 23:20, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

> i know all this, but i still don't get it. sigaction just takes a
> pointer to a function that takes certain arguments. is the compiler
> allowed to do weird things to the argument list if the linkage is not
> "C", or what?

Yes, it might decide that it expects the parameters passed via machine
registers for example.

The question is: who is going to split up the patches into useful chunks and
apply them to our tree? Right now there are many parts that we can't merge
and some that we should merge, because those are very valid issues with the
code.