build failure in kdebase

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Sat Nov 1 18:07:03 GMT 2003

Craig Drummond wrote:

>>Mac OS X uses a case-insensitive filesystem.  In the local directory,
>
> Case-insensitive - how pathetic! Whay have a UNIX fs that isn't case
> sensitive?

Well, Mac OS X supports UFS, but the OSX implementation is pretty buggy
and is not the default FS used.  As of the new release, they support a
case-sensitive version of HFS+ (the mac os filesystem) but not on the
root volume for some reason, my guess was either they didn't have enough
time for Q/A to make it "official", or they're only making it an install
option for OSX Server.

> OK - I'll get round to renaming it, as this seems the easiest way. Stupid Mac
> OSX fs...

It was hard for me to get used to as well, but I can at least understand
the usability argument for a case-insensitive one.  Case-sensitive
filesystems make sense to programmers, but not to users.

Regarless, there are systems that have such things, and it's a simple
fix, so I appreciate the help.  :)

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick -- http://ranger.befunk.com/
gpg: 6401 D02A A35F 55E9 D7DD  71C5 52EF A366 D3F6 65FE