Pressing and releasing the Win-key opens the K-Menu

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Mon Mar 31 16:29:45 BST 2003

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 10:24:49AM +0200, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
> I just committed a patch [...], which opens the K-Menu when the
> Win-key is pressed and released with no intervening keys.
> If anyone has problems or suggestions, please let me know.

yes. i absolutely hate it. this is one of windows' most obviously
annoying misfeatures i've seen so far. it's just braindead to assign
actions to modifier keys without making them somehow hard to trigger. if
you still feel the strong urge to copy it, add an option and disable it
by default.

greetings