Fwd: Qhijri = QDate

Daniel Stone dstone at kde.org
Sun Mar 30 13:49:58 BST 2003

> Hi
>
> I am Yousef AL-Harthi from saudi arabia ,work in King Abdulaziz City and Technology .
>
> We released engine for convert from hijri and gregorian and reverse,it is approved in saudi arabia .
>
> Also we released Qhijri Class similer to QDate class in QT ,it is support hijri calendar.
>
> It is under LGPL license ,you can get it from this links.
>
> We use this class and engine in KDE 3.0.0 ,it work very good and you can see the snapshot for kde panel after i use the class and engine.
>
> http://ceri.kacst.edu.sa/download/snapshot1.png
>
> QHijri Class :
>
> http://ceri.kacst.edu.sa/download/Qhijri-0.5.cpp
>
> Engine :
>
> http://ceri.kacst.edu.sa/download/hijrah-1.2.CPP
>
> I can send to you the file that i change it.(kdatepicker.cpp)
>
> We hope to see KDE support Hijri calendar and this is our effort.

Hi Yousef!
Firstly, thanks very much for your submission. This request was
forwarded on to the core development list where I, among others, read
it. Apparently, Hijri support was already added somewhere between 3.0
and 3.1, so our current KDE versions already have it.

Also, we unfortunately cannot put LGPL-licensed code in kdelibs - it
must be GPLed. For something to go into Qt, it must be licensed under
*both* the QPL and the GPL - the user picks which.

Thanks for your submission, however - the code looks good, as do the
results. We hope you enjoy using KDE!

Thanks,
Daniel Stone, KDE Developer

--