GTK2 font settings

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Fri Mar 28 23:14:02 GMT 2003

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 12:33:16PM -0500, Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> >
> > I don't think it owns the desktop, I think it starts nautilus as a
> > side effect of calling methods on the nautilus server.  It's possible
>
> AFAIK, it XKillClient's kdesktop (or any owner of the Englightment-style
> desktop pixmaps). At least that's what it looks like from a debugger
> attached to both ends (I might have checked the code too, but not sure
> now).

Ah yes. As Lubos says, this is part of the spec for the stupid E
background pixmap thing. You have to do this or there are race
conditions or some other problem, I don't remember.

I think Owen is the only one I've heard claim to fully understand the
E background pixmap "protocol" and how to make it race-condition-free;
someone should really write it down, and maybe make it suck less in
the process. ;-)

Havoc