patch : kimgio for wmf files

thierry lorthiois lorthioist at wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 24 21:07:43 GMT 2003

Hi,

> Do you have a plan to reduce code duplication with e.g. the wmf code in
> KOffice?
> I think the wmf->image code isn't generic enough for koffice
> (we also want wmf->svg, or more generally wmf->vector graphics API
> that one can inherit, to implement converting to SVG or karbon,

yes the code is "oriented" for pixmap
I'll spend some time to try wmf->vector graphics API around the end april.
but it's impossible to have complete convertion because
wmf = vector + bitmap manipulation
so we loose some part of the drawing
(this is why the lib use pixmap)

> but also drawing into a QPicture,  etc.)

Hmm, after many hours on QPicture and wmf (in koffice) I'm perplexed.
I doubt it's possible to have a good implementation of wmf with QPicture.
  - is it possible to have bitmap manipulation (raster, pattern) in QPicture
    and drawing on a printer ?
  - the emmulation in software on some bitmap mapping
    give unpredictable performance
    (small file->very very slow rendering compare to pixmap)

but for now I'll try wmf->vector graphics API,
then we'll see.

thanks

ps: to be sure I receive answer, cc to lorthioist at wanadoo.fr