new class

Jörg Walter jwalt-kde at garni.ch
Mon Mar 24 20:15:51 GMT 2003

On Monday, 24. March 2003 20:26, Julian Rockey wrote:
> On Monday 24 Mar 2003 7:19 pm, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> > OT: Anyone working on one of these? I think one based off of the
> > Apache Xalan lib would be ideal (
> > http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/index.html ), it works well and has a nice
> > clean C++ API. Not sure about how well Apache licensing works with
> > kdelibs though??
>
> I too like Xalan (& Xerces); however doesn't kio_help already link against
> libxml2 / libxslt ? I guess we shouldn't end up using two libraries that do
> the same thing.

Using libxslt in my everyday work, I can whole-heartedly recommend it. It's
among the most complete XSLT implementations, real fast, and has very good
exslt support as well. Also, the author has proven to be responsive to bug
fixes/enhancements (read: patches).
About the C API I can't say much - the perl bindings are great :-) (The API is
mostly libxml2'ish, as far as I know)

--
CU
  Joerg

PGP Public Key at http://ich.bin.kein.hoschi.de/~trouble/public_key.asc
PGP Key fingerprint = D34F 57C4 99D8 8F16 E16E  7779 CDDC 41A4 4C48 6F94