Low-level network classes library

Thiago Macieira thiagom at wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 24 16:56:15 GMT 2003

Hello,

I have discussed with our friends the Trolls about having unified network
classes between Qt and KDE. People have asked me about this and that would
also solve the problems about the use of Qt classes in KDE applications.

So I'll be coordinating with TT developers to develop these classes. We're
going to use the code I've already created as a kick off. The idea is to have
that ready for Qt4, which would also solve their wishes for their own network
classes. KDE would then use those classes and extend upon them, implementing
our functionality (proxies, for example).

Anyways, since this code will be developed outside Qt and will be used by KDE,
we have a "man in the middle" situation: libkdecore will probably have to
link against a new library, which I have tentatively called libqt-addon.

So I have to ask: how and where would be best to implement that? I believe the
KDE repository would be the most suitable place, given that we'll sooner or
later require that library. However, I'm reluctant to propose the
resurrection yet again of the kdesupport package...

--
  Thiago Macieira - UFOT Registry number: 1001
 thiagom at mail.com
   ICQ UIN: 1967141  PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358
     Registered Linux user #65028