Fwd: kprinter crashes with KDE 3.1.1 + woody

Thiago Macieira thiagom at wanadoo.fr
Thu Mar 20 14:01:48 GMT 2003

Ralf Nolden wrote:
>Anyone who has a clue what's going on here ?

Actually, I think I do now. I had seen someone complain about this error
before, but my inspection to the code turned out that the situation was close
to impossible.

>kdecore (KSocket): ERROR: KExtendedSocket::connectionEvent() called but no
>data available!

This provided an insight:

>#7  0x415aae87 in KMCupsManager::completePrinterShort ()
>   from /usr/lib/kde3/kdeprint_cups.so

That function creates a socket with asynchronous connection and kills it off
after 2 seconds. I don't know where the fault is, but I guess some signals
are being emitted and then received by the deleted object. That could explain
the error above.

--
  Thiago Macieira - UFOT Registry number: 1001
 thiagom at mail.com
   ICQ UIN: 1967141  PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358
     Registered Linux user #65028