X Error: BadMatch

Adriaan de Groot adridg at cs.kun.nl
Thu Mar 20 11:32:01 GMT 2003

On Thursday 20 March 2003 11:18, Andras Mantia wrote:

> > This has kind of happenned since the beginning of KDE ... never bother
> > to investigate

This _has_ been around forever, and I've never noticed any kind of problem -
it's just an irritating message. Forever in this case means every KDE version
post 2.2.2, with XFrees 4.[12].X.

kpilot: WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
\x08
  Major opcode:  *

In KPilot, calling up the keys configuration dialog spits it out every time.

> > is this error also there when
> > you use QMessageBox ?

QMessageBox::information() doesn't seem to do it.

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org>
     Key fingerprint = 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE