RFC: KConfig XT (KDE 3.2)

Daniel Stone dstone at trinity.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Mar 17 04:33:23 GMT 2003

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 02:15:34PM +0000, Chris Howells scrawled:
> On Sunday 16 March 2003 11:34, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > Well, the thing is, that encourages users to fuck with the config files,
> > screwing up apps. I mean, if they knew what they were doing, the
> > wouldn't be needing KConfEdit.
>
> Well, KConfEdit is mostly aimed at administrators, mostly to implement the
> Kiosk framework. If it allows a few users to mess up their config files, then
> that's unfortunate.

Not unlike the food parcels and unexploded cluster bombs looking exactly
the same?

Seriously, it's the wrong solution to the wrong problem.

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone at trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne