bug handling policy / interaction with users / MPlayer

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Sun Mar 16 15:33:45 GMT 2003

On March 16, 2003 09:47 am, Tim Jansen wrote:

> Concerning MPlayer, there are two groups of people. Those who have used it,
> and those who have seen the code. I haven't seen a single person who has
> seen the code and still wanted to use it :) or even maintain a program
> based on it...

To me, as both a user *and* a coder, this is a pretty silly statement to make. When
I, or anyone else for that matter, is using a program, what do *I* care what the
code looks like as long as the product works well? Answer, I don't. Neither do users.
Even if I did look at the code and found it disgusting, it is highly unlikely I would
stop using the product just because I found it ugly, especially when there is no
useable alternative in its league to compare to.

--
Jason Keirstead, BCS
http://www.keirstead.org