RFC: KConfig XT (KDE 3.2)

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Sun Mar 16 09:42:37 GMT 2003

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 08:35:42PM +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 10:26:49AM +0100, Simon Hausmann scrawled:
> > Where exactly do you see an attempt of unifying data, of
> > centralizing it to one 'registry' file, of preventing you from
> > continuing to edit your config file by hand?
>
> KConfEdit.

Then I think you misunderstood. Or I did. I thought of KConfEdit as
a gui frontend to the human-readable meta-data and default values in
the text config files as Waldo described. I don't see how that
prevents you from doing things as you did before, I don't see how it
breaks any sort of backward compatibility in the way config files
were treated / editable. Do you?

Simon