RFC: KConfig XT (KDE 3.2)

Daniel Stone dstone at trinity.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Mar 16 09:12:22 GMT 2003

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 09:54:09AM +0100, Frerich Raabe scrawled:
> On Sunday 16 March 2003 09:36, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > Dudes, having a registry is *bad*. You know, we already have KConfEdit -
> > KWrite, vim, KVim, whatever.
> >
> > I like the "defaults in one place" thing. The registry idea I don't
> > like, and IMHO that entire path is wrong, bad, evil, fucked-up and bad.
>
> Now that we all know what you don't like, could you perhaps put down the crack
> pipe?

A single, unified "registry" is never the right way to go. Just because
Windows and ye olde other desktope environmente do it, doesn't mean we
should do it as well. It's ... it's not the right idea. What we have
works, and works well.

"Eat shit today: 200 million flies can't be wrong!".

Or, as the person sitting next to me decided to eloquently put it
(*cough*), "If it ain't fuckin broke, don't feel the need to fuck it up
the arse".

I'm sure you get the sentiment, anyway.

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone at trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne