RFC: KConfig XT (KDE 3.2)

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Sun Mar 16 12:08:04 GMT 2003

On Saturday 15 March 2003 7:01 pm, Tim Jansen wrote:
> On Saturday 15 March 2003 19:32, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > I still think that the best solution for these and some other config
> > related problems would be to autogenerate the C++ code accessing the
> > configurations from a single meta description of the config options.
>
> The default configuration file, as I understand it, is effectively a meta
> description. It just happens to be based on the same file format.

The problem with that is that the configuration dialog never come out looking
as good as they could.  Either in grouping in a way that is better for the
user, using differnt layout etc.  Now if we had it the other way, a script
that would scrap settings classes to generate the default files that is
another story.

-Benjamin Meyer